Fixing my Messy Cupboard Shelf!
Nowadays every other person has got a hectic schedule, which ultimately left certain things unmonitored around us.
I have got a similar story with a portion of my cupboard lying in my bedroom, probably the ugliest portion!
Although I often go for bed-making, that cupboard shelf comprising the unpressed clothes has always been the messiest part which remains a major source of headache for me while selecting my clothes for any event and eats up a chunk of time.
One can imagine my practice of amassing the washed clothes which not only seems unappealing but was a source of daily scolding by my mother. After reading about the project of Amal this place was the first which blinked in my mind and I got motivated further by this quote:
“The easiest way to organize your stuff is to get rid of most of it”-Joshua Fields
I used my own leadership here to get all the stuff organized so that rather than further delaying(FACT: the last time I organized it was some 3 months back if I’m not wrong), I should GO FOR IT NOW!!
I took all the clothes out of the shelf which were in miserable condition for sure,
- Firstly I cleaned the whole shelf properly,
- Then separate my shirts, jeans, and shalwar kameez, folded them properly.
- Then in order to save my time in the future, I divided the shelf into two, ‘Jeans/shirts portion’ and ‘Shalwar kameez portion’.
- Surprisingly, there were winter clothes still in that jumble of clothes,I separated them and put them in one other cabinet of my cupboard.
- Finally, I put my clothes back in an organized way on the shelf as per pre-assigned compartments.
This task took me nearly two and half hours, but the outcome of this time spent was not only pleasing but provides me a sense of mental satisfaction soon as I finished the task like a load has been freed of me. My mother after seeing was surprised, at the same she praised me which made my day.To be honest, without this assigned project I could not be able to gather energy for this task even for some more time.
This accomplished task boosts me and gave a willpower to identify and fix more sloppy stuff in my house from now onwards; Hopefully, I would be going for it very soon IN’SHA ALLAH!. One more thing I learned, do things at a specified time rather than delaying.It prevents you from those small troubles which might prove to be big in the end!
“For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned.”